Thursday, August 8, 2013

7 Quick Takes: Mom Makes A Break For It (vol. 9)

1. I am leaving for 4 whole days to visit my sisters in NYC! 

Things that happen with the sisters

2. This is the first time I've been gone without Wally or the kids since we've been married, so naturally I'm a little psyched. I'm also a little tempted to miss my flight, hide in a corner of DFW Airport, and spend 4 days buying and reading books from the terminal bookstore.

3. Sadly, the biggest issue I have with #2 is not the missed time with siblings or the lack of terminal shower facilities. It's the price of books in the airport. I just couldn't justify it.

4. It's not that Wally's never been alone with the boys overnight, except well, he hasn't.

5. But truthfully, between us, I'd say Wally's the better parent 10 out of 10 times. I might be the one who makes the breastmilk, takes care of the sick, and OCD cleans the house, but he's the one who's never too busy to read a book over and over and over, or play catch with a kid who can't catch, or fly them around the yard after they kick a soccer goal, or insist that family dining is a civilized time of day when screeching animal sounds are not actually appropriate.

6. I stocked the freezer with PB&J and the fridge with beer, so I think we're set.

7. Here's to hoping: Weekend Without Mom will be such a hit that Wally and the boys beg me to go away again!
 
\
Best Dad Ever Award Goes To...
 

1 comment:

  1. Just bring your Kindle or get a Kindle app for your phone; then you can sit and read for all that time!

    ReplyDelete