Friday, April 12, 2013

The Dallas Zoo: "You WILL have a good time here, because I did when I was a kid!"

The Zoo Trip turned out to be a lot more exciting in prospect than in reality. For me, at least. My hope was to force pass on one of my favorite childhood memories to my kids, so then they could have a favorite childhood memory to some day force pass on to their kids.

I'm pretty sure the boys enjoyed our day, but it wasn't because of the crocodiles, giraffes, and lions.

Their favorite sites, in no particular order:

1. "A TRAIN!"


2. Dirt!


3. A Wooden Box!


4. Giant Rocks!


5. A Tree-like Column!


6. A Sprinkler Head!


7. A Bench!


8. A Recycling Can!


9. A Pole!


10. Mulch!



11. A Bench By A Wall!

12. A Big Wall!



Yes, there's a large, fantastic new kids section full of interactive exhibits and a petting zoo. But that wasn't a part of the zoo when I was a kid, so it wasn't on my list of places to visit today. Maybe next time we can discover some ants, pigeons, and sticks over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment